Hair loss is one of the most common side effects of chemotherapy for cancer treatment and we are here to offer re-assurance and guidance on an individual and personal level, helping you to prepare and feel more confident as you go through your temporary hair loss journey.
The FREE in-salon programme offers up to 3 appointments at a HAIR REBORN appointed salon as your hair beings to grow back, helping you to achieve a new healthy, manageable style and regain your identity, confidence and self-esteem.
Please note you will have to register in order to start the programme. Please see below for further details & eligibility.
The programme offers expert advice, support and up to 3 free visits at a HAIR REBORN-appointed salon.
We can either chat over the telephone or via a video link. We are here to provide reassurance, advice and support to patients before, during and after treatment has been completed. We’ll explain what may happen to your hair and scalp during treatment, how to prepare for scalp cooling for the best possible outcome, discuss new hairstyle options that that may help with managing hair loss, as well as options to consider such as wigs and scarves during your temporary hair loss and point you in the right direction. We will explain the HAIR REBORN programme and register you as a HAIR REBORN Guest and pass your details on to the allocated salon, who will then get in touch with you to arrange your first hair styling visit and subsequent visits thereafter.
This would be your first salon visit at least 8 weeks after chemo has ended when your hair has begun to grow back and would benefit from a trim and tidy to prepare for your new hairstyle. The stylist will advise when you’ll be ready for your next visit and arrange this with you.
This appointment would be 8-12 weeks after the Re-Start visit when your hair has grown sufficiently, to trim and shape your hair to get your new style underway. The stylist will talk through what they are doing in order to reassure you. At the end of this visit, your stylist will arrange your third visit with you.
This would be the final appointment in the programme, again approximately 8-12 weeks after your RE-STYLE visit, leaving you with a new manageable hairstyle. The stylist will give advice and tips on managing your new hair, ongoing hair care advice and colouring advice. At this final appointment, we ask the guest to complete a feedback form about their experience.
* The HAIR REBORN Programme is offered to those who are undergoing or have undergone chemotherapy for cancer treatment from the age of 16 years. Those 18 years and under should be accompanied to appointments by a parent, guardian or supporter.
* We are happy to offer advice and support to anyone that contacts us at any time – Step 1 RE-ASSURE.
* People may get in touch with us at any stage and we will accommodate them into the programme at the appropriate step, so they may not receive all in-salon visits.
* You would need to start the programme within 6 months from finishing chemotherapy treatment or your hair may be too long and not fit in with the programme steps.
* We will consider those having finished treatment within 6-9 months under exceptional circumstances.
* Confirmation/proof of treatment would be required to start the in-salon programme, i.e., Hospital appointment card/letter.
* The stylists volunteer their dedicated time so guests would need to be mindful when appointments are arranged as these would need to fit in with the running of the salon.
Please call us on 07732 086520 or Contact us for further details.
HAIR REBORN For Gentlemen
The programme has initially been tailored for women but we are, of course, happy to accommodate men. Please contact us for further details.